Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Out and Aboot!


So, i went out yesterday for lunch with my sister and some friends who were in town for the day. i have been trying to venture out as myself more and more. even when dressed down, I'm starting to get recognized for who i am and it's gladdening. my point is, even though I'm sure i gave some of the people some interesting dinner table conversation, everyone around were unceasingly polite and in most cases, downright friendly. This makes me feel good, however, i do feel sad for others like myself in the world who aren't as lucky as i am. to feel shame, scorn or even violence for being yourself makes me weep sometimes. I am so lucky to live in Toronto, Canada. my prayers go to those who aren't as lucky as i am.
Diana Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment